Bloomfield Partners with Essex County for Pop-Up Vaccination Site at Watsessing Park Community Center on Thursday, April 1
Vaccines will be administered at 29 Conger Street between 10am and 2pm and pre-registration is mandatory
BLOOMFIELD, NJ -- Mayor Venezia and the Town Council are collaborating with Essex County to vaccinate qualifying Bloomfield residents on Thursday, April 1 at a pop-up vaccination site. Johnson and Johnson vaccines will be administered between 10am and 2pm to residents with appointments at Watsessing Park Community Center.
All residents must pre-register on Tuesday, March 30 between the hours of 10:00am-2:00pm by calling 973-680-4177. Vaccines are limited and scheduled on a first come first serve basis.
A heavy call volume is anticipated, so please be patient. If the line is busy, please call again. Identification and a health insurance card are required on the day of vaccination. If you are uninsured you will still be able to get the vaccine at no cost.
Residents who qualify for the vaccine include:
- Paid and unpaid healthcare workers
- Residents and workers of long-term care and high-risk congregate care facilities
- First responders including sworn law enforcement and fire professionals
- Individuals aged 65 and over
- Individuals aged 16-64 that have certain medical conditions that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus
- Pre-K to 12 educators and staff
- Childcare workers in licensed and registered settings
- Transportation workers
- Additional public safety workers
- Additional high-risk individuals
“Our administration has worked tirelessly to keep Bloomfield families safe during this health crisis by instituting various safety measures and offering free COVID-19 testing throughout the year,” said Mayor Venezia. “Now that vaccines are being distributed, we are doing everything in our power to ensure that residents can get vaccinated as quickly and easily as possible. If you are a Bloomfield resident and you qualify for the vaccine but haven’t gotten it yet, please call and make an appointment.”