BLOOMFIELD, NJ -- The township will be hosting COVID-19 testing events once per week on Wednesdays beginning December 16 for Bloomfield residents as long as there is demand. Testing, which has expanded to accommodate up to 100 people, will take place in the Municipal Parking lot located at 1 Municipal Plaza.
Any residents that wish to be tested may register online for an appointment at http://www.mywellnessexpress.com/. Appointments will be available for up to 100 time slots between 10:30am-3:00pm. Funding for the testing was secured by the township through the CARES Act.
“With cases going up across the state and the country, it is important that we continue to have ample opportunities for residents to get tested,” said Mayor Venezia. “The best way to lower the spread of the virus in our community is through proactive safety measures such as testing, contact tracing and following all CDC guidelines. Though a vaccine is closer than ever before, we must continue to remain vigilant so that we can make it through this health crisis without further casualties.”
Anyone being tested must present health insurance information if they are insured. If you are uninsured and would like to be tested, you will still be able to, at no cost.
To sign up for an appointment to be tested:
- Go to www.mywellnessexpress.com
- Click on "Client Portal"
- Click "Don't have an account"
- Fill in the name, address and phone number and click "request access"
- Once you do this, you will receive an email from the system to register. This will ask you to create a password. Once done, you will have access to the HIPPA compliant portal.
- On the top right of the screen you will click "book"
- You will then be provided with a list of locations. Once you have selected a time and date for your appointment and it's confirmed, you will receive an email with your intake forms. This MUST be filled out prior to your appointment.