What is required to file a delayed birth certificate?

In order to request a delayed report of birth,
you must first file an application requesting the birth certificate to ensure
the record is not on file. If no record is found, you will receive a No Record
statement, which must be returned with a letter of request to place a delayed
report of birth on file. You will receive a questionnaire to complete so that a
more detailed search can be completed. You will also need to provide
documentary proof that the birth took place. Documentary proof will be reviewed
and a determination made. Please contact the Record Modification unit toll-free
at 1-866-649-8726 extension 581 for further information.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I request a birth certificate if I was born abroad, with US citizenship at birth?
2. How do I know if the copy of my birth certificate is acceptable for the Division of Motor Vehicles, Passport or for proof of age or citizenship?
3. What is the procedure to correct information on a birth record?
4. Is a raised seal required to make a certified copy of a birth certificate official?
5. Can I obtain the time of birth?
6. Can I request the birth record of a non-family member?
7. How long after a birth occurs is it filed with the Office of Vital Statistics and Registry?
8. What is required to file a delayed birth certificate?