August 12, 2022 9:44 AM
Boil Water Emergency LIFTED
BOIL WATER ADVISORY LIFT NOTICE
FOR CUSTOMERS OF BLOOMFIELD WATER DEPARTMENT
Customers of The Bloomfield Water Department were notified on Tuesday, August 9th of a possible problem with the drinking water due to a water main break in Newark and were advised to boil the tap water before using as a precautionary measure.
We are pleased to report that the repairs have been completed and subsequent water quality testing shows the water quality to be safe.
THE BOIL WATER ADVISORY IS LIFTED and it is no longer necessary to boil your water before using. The following measures are strongly encouraged at this time:
• Run your water faucets for 3-5 minutes to flush your service connection and interior plumbing with water from the service main.
• Empty and clean your automatic ice makers and water chillers.
• Drain and refill your hot water heater if the temperature is set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Service connections with a water softener/cartridge filters should be run through a regeneration cycle or other procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
• Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled (as applicable).
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
The Bloomfield Engineering Department (973) 680-4009
You may also visit our web site at www.bloomfieldtwpnj.com for further information.