- News & Event
- Public Service
WELCOME TO THE TOWNSHIP OF BLOOMFIELD
OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
Emergency Management Coordinator
Captain Fred Menzel
LOWER LEVEL- Municipal Building
Phone (973) 680-4177
For more information Please Visit
Personal Disaster Kit
One of the most important parts of your family disaster plan is the preparation of a disaster supplies kit. This kit should include the following materials:
- A three day supply of water - one gallon per person/per day.
- Food that will not spoil.
- One change of clothing and shoes per person.
Downed power lines are extremely dangerous.
Stay at least 20 feet away from any downed lines.
- Prescription medicines.
- One blanket or sleeping bag per person.
- A first-aid kit.
- A battery powered NOAA weather radio.
- A portable radio.
- Emergency tools.
- A flashlight with extra batteries.
- An extra set of car keys.
- Any special items for infant, elderly or disabled family members.
Additional information on emergency preparedness is available on the internet at:www.state.nj.us/njoem