Investigations of traffic accidents
Addresses signage, traffic control devices
The primary responsibilities of the Traffic Division are to provide our citizens, whether walking or driving, a safe environment. This is accomplished through education, engineering and enforcement. In order to obtain these goals we strive to meet the following objectives:
- Providing speakers at school and community events, addressing community concerns and safety issues while providing available educational literature.
- Reduce the number of fatalities and serious injury crashes caused by hazardous moving violations
- Concentrate on school zone enforcement.
- Conduct proactive radar enforcement
- Monitor those areas where crashes frequently occur and coordinate with certified engineers in seeking solutions to eliminate them.
- Address citizen complaints concerning traffic laws, ordinances and handicap parking regulations.
Included in the Traffic Division are the Parking Violation Officers (PVO’s) and the School Crossing Guards.
Parking Violations Officers-The Parking Violations Officers enforce all municipal parking violations on township roadways.
School Crossing Guards- The civilian school crossing guards are assigned school posts throughout the township during school hours and keep children and adults safe while traveling to and from school.
Motorcycle Unit - This two-man unit is assigned to the Traffic Division and is responsible for the monitoring and enforcement of traffic violations throughout this township.