Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Health Department is governed by the Public Health Practice Standards of Performance for Local Boards of Health in New Jersey, NJ.A.C 8:52 and the "10 Essential Public Health Standards."
10 Essential Public Health Services
1. Monitor health status to identify community health problems
2. Diagnose and investigate health problems in the community
3. Inform, educate and empower people regarding health issues
4. Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems
5. Develop policies and plans which support individual and community health efforts
6. Enforce the laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
7. Link people to needed personal health services and assure health care when it is otherwise unavailable
8. Ensure a competent local public health system and assure a competent personal health care workforce
9. Evaluate the effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services
10. Research for innovative solutions to health problems